Thursday, May 29, 2008

You wore what to exercise class?

I swear I am working on crochetted projects. I am slowly but surely finishing some winter scarves, but when it is 100 degress, it makes it hard to work on something for winter. I will take pics and write about those soon. However, this week, I am continuing with making fun of interesting crochet patterns.

I was perusing the Lion Brand Website when I came across this gem. Yes, this is a current pattern. No, it is not from their archives from when Staying Alive was in the theaters.


My guess is, you are supposed to wear this to yoga or interpretive dance class. Not sure why you would need neckwear if you are exercising, or the gloves for that matter. And a belt is always good to wear to hold up your tights and leotard. Maybe it is an outfit for praising some sort of idol or joining a silly walk society. Regardless of it's purpose, it certainly is not on my list of future projects. Unless someone has an 80's themed party.

12 comments:

Casdok said...

Different?!

Linda Murphy said...

Oh, good grief. That is too funny.

I am taking a yogalates class...I wonder if I will need this gear.

Raven said...

Gee, I forgot all about the scarves. Don't worry about them until fall. Nobody should make scarves in sweltering heat. It's just cruel.

The yoga gear is odd for any age. Just peculiar and funny.

I Love You,
Aunt Kathie

maryt/theteach said...

Thanks Snoopmurph for the compliment mon my Creative Photo! :D Wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit! Ha!

Gattina said...

It wouldn't fit for Yoga ! your hands and feet have to be uncovered, lol
Thanks for your compliment on "my" Ferrari !

the walking man said...

Maybe this tight weave pattern is meant for Knights of the realm. Them interested in quests and dragon slaying, who don't want the weight of real chain mail. The crocheter could become the gamers blacksmith!

Sandi McBride said...

Actually this is for Linda, I think...I saw you mention Ecuadorian cousins of Sam's...my father is from Quito and has been practicing medicine here for over fifty years...he lived partly in San Juan and partly (with my Uncle Victor)Arias in Quito, went to Medical school in Quito...anyway, just wanted to introduce myself...
Sandi

bobbie said...

I love your owl. Not so much the wedding dress. And these.... well...better left unsaid.

Chatty said...

Holy cow! Those are industrial-strength silly looking! To think someone went to all the trouble not only to design, but also to MAKE them. I can't decide which is the bigger hoot - the "gloves" or the ummm. what, exactly? shawl? capelet? dickey? collar? hoodless chasuble (can you even have a hoodless chasuble?)?
But how useful, really - because one gets so CHILLY while exercising...you gotta wonder about the judgment there...

Lu' said...

Mabe that is the reason I stopped exercising, if that is what the best dressed exerciser is wearing ha!

Sandi McBride said...

I decided that if bike riding didn't kill me, Yoga would
lol
Sandi

Unknown said...

Oh my God! I recently spotted that girl at an 80's retro party. I'm certain it was her. She tried to strike up a conversation with me about "the gloved one". I excused myself with a "Moonwalk". Now she is a stalker! :D)